Unconscious Bias in the Workplace Online Course
Our five module online course on Unconscious Bias in the Workplace is the perfect primer for employees to begin their journey in understanding how bias can show up and have an impact in the workplace and the world. Foundational knowledge, such as an understanding of what terms like diversity, equity, inclusion, intersectionality, and more, are broken down with concrete examples from research and people’s lives. Once you’ve completed the course, you’ll be able to grasp complex topics such as intersectionality, inclusion, and equity, start to notice specific types of bias that can show up at work and beyond, and learn key strategies for mitigating bias. You’ll also have access to a facilitator so that you can ask any questions that might come up as you learn. Once you’ve finished the course, you’ll receive a Certificate of Completion, as well as a list of resources for further study. This course can be customized and white labeled. You can receive your own instance, just for your employees, branded with your company branding and tailored to your needs.
Take the Course
One year access to our online course
Access video of real people sharing their experiences
Access resources and toolkit so you can geek out about DEI and unconscious bias
Available in English and Spanish
Bring the course to your company
Bring an instance of the course only accessible to those at your company
Flexible plans to add more seats to support your growing staff
Option to bring the course to your own LMS!
- In Module One, we'll cover some of the foundations of diversity, equity, and inclusion (also known as DEI). We'll talk about unconscious bias and how it shows up, and cover key topics such as intersectionality and social identity groups.
- In Module Two, we'll take a deep dive into unconscious bias. We'll talk about what it is and how it manifests. We'll also talk about specific types of biases that can show up in the workplace.
- In Module Three, we'll review a few research studies that show how unconscious bias manifests in the workplace and beyond.
- In Module Four, we'll provide some more real world examples by talking with people who have experienced unconscious bias firsthand. We'll also invite you to join the conversation and share any experiences that you may have had.
- In Module Five, we'll invite you to create your own personalized action plan where you can reflect on everything that you've learned over the previous four modules and apply that learning to your own life and work, whether it's the next day, the next month, or the next year after you've completed this course.