Out with Forums, and in with Slack, a new way for people to share. Want an invite to our awesome Slack channel? Super, we’d love to have you over there! But WHY, you ask WHY are we asking you to sign up for yet ANOTHER thing? Here are some benefits:
- You can search on all past conversations.
- It’s an invite-only community meaning we won’t let just anyone in. Just us fabulous SGO women!
- You can be notified when someone mentions you and there are updates to specific sub-channels. Speaking of channels, we’ve created several. Of COURSE we’ve got Jobs, but we’ve also got channels to discuss issues around gender and work, a place to announce other events, talk about anything Boston … and we can always add more.
- You can create private channels if you want to continue a conversation offline.
- There’s a handy directory where you can post your profile and others can see it and connect.
- You can save/favorite any messages or channels. You can save just about anything, so you can easily refer to it in the future.
- There’s an app for that. You can install an app on your computer or your phone and set it up to be notified when something happens.
- And, you can now say you use Slack when someone starts talking about it at another networking event. 😉
So, if we’ve convinced you, then super! Just head on over to the Contact page, drop us a line and ask for access. We’ll hook you up!
AND there are other fabulous ways to connect with us too in more public ways. Take a look up to the right (0r below if you’re on mobile)!