- This event has passed.
SGO Power Hour Workshop: How to write an inclusive job description
March 23, 2017 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm$35
Have you ever wondered why you’re not getting a diverse candidate pool of resumes? The first step is taking a look at your job descriptions! In this one hour workshop, we’ll cover unconscious bias and how that might be impacting the writing of your job descriptions. This is one aspect of our longer workshops that cover many aspects to hiring and recruiting inclusively. You’ll walk away knowing:
- What an unconscious bias is and how it relates to writing job descriptions
- Pitfalls to watch out for when writing a job description and concrete tips on how to make your job description more inclusive
- Practice editing/writing an inclusive job description with your peers
Please note that this topic is one portion of our longer workshops that cover many aspects to hiring and recruiting inclusively.
Who should attend?
Hiring managers, recruiters, human resources – All genders are welcome!
Laura Parrott is a seasoned facilitator who is known for compassionately working with groups and individuals to shift their mindsets and enable effective behavior change. She has extensive experience coaching executives through organizational change, as well as with helping early to mid career individuals navigate personal and career development, through her years at Google, McKinsey and Intelligent.ly.
- 6:00pm – 6:30pm – Registration
- 6:30pm – 7:30pm – Workshop
Pizza, salad and non-alcoholic beverages will be provided